Manual QA Tester
What's the role?
The role of QA Manual Software Engineer in Test is responsible developing and executing test strategy, test plans, write test cases and perform manual testing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. This position will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts) while monitoring all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
Give daily updates on test progress and identify blocking issues
Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owners) to identify system requirements
Monitor debugging process results
Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts
Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, required Minimum five (5) years’ experience in software quality assurance
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance, required
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes, required
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases, required Experience with BDD test design and writing test cases with Gherkin syntax, required Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing, required
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting, preferred
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Hybris experience preferred
- Experience with Atlassian development tools, i.e. Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo. ISTQB Certified Tester preferred
- Expert Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up, required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically distributed development teams
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.