Machinist III- Dallas, TX
What's the role?
The role of Machinist III provides supervision and leadership for the quality and timely production of orders. This position ensures compliance with defined quality control standards, performs required quality checks, and maintains a safe and secure working environment ensuring safe, on-time, completion of work assignments, while maximizing production operations to meet customer and inventory demand.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Supervise and lead a production shift to ensure the safe on-time completion of production orders
Schedule shift workload to meet production schedules and requirements.
Manage, request, release, log, and track production orders in SAP or other management system
Participate in planning of work and production (working hours, shifts, etc.) and pursuing continuous improvement of workplace, processes, and product quality
Perform defined quality checks, adhere to quality standards, and accurately record results
Follow standard processes to build and produce standard and custom products to defined specifications in the Hilti production order, work instructions, and product drawings
Perform significant product modifications (cut, trim, coat, assemble) and perform custom product packaging to produce kits to PMO specifications
Ensure work areas, tools, and assigned equipment are maintained and organized in proper order and enable following shifts to resume operations a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
Schedule and ensure operator repairs and maintenance on equipment is performed, as required
Maintain continuous and accurate levels of inventory maintaining targeted accuracy
Confirm safety procedures and operating practices are observed, and that protection equipment is properly used and maintained Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Minimum one (1) year experience in production type operations – competent and safe operation of heavy machinery and control systems in a schedule conscious production environment
- Ability to read and understand technical work instructions and job orders to competently perform required function and support production processes
- Able to organize, direct, and lead a production team
- Ability to perform visual inspections of materials being produced
- Advance experience in the use of tools and the assembly, disassembly, or repair of complex mechanical systems
- Basic computer skills, required; experience using Windows applications and SAP, preferred
- Basic math skills
- Strong teamwork skills, reliability, and commitment
- Forklift Certification, required (once in position)
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.