What's the role?
The role of Machine Operator is responsible for quality and timely production of orders. This position performs and follows standard production processes to maximize the production of special and standard products to meet customer and inventory planning demand. The Machine operator must adhere to defined quality control standards, perform required quality checks, and advise recommended improvements to increase product quality.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Follow standard processes to build and produce standard and custom products to defined specifications in the Hilti production order, work instructions, and product drawings
• Perform significant product modifications (cut, trim, coat, assemble); perform custom product packaging to produce kits to Project Management Office (PMO) specifications
• Perform defined quality checks, adhere to quality standards, and accurately record results
• Use SAP, or other management system, to request, release, log, and track production orders and schedule workload as directed by manager
• Supply and organize raw materials to fulfill production orders
• Prepare and stage completed products for shipment
• Maintain work areas, tools, and assigned equipment in a proper, organized order, thus enabling the incumbent to perform the job in a timely, safe, and efficient manner
• Perform defined operator repairs and maintenance on production equipment as scheduled or required
• Maintain continuous and accurate levels of inventory ensuring greater than 90% accuracy in area of responsibility
• Ensure protection equipment is properly used and maintained
• Actively engage in planning of work and production (working hours, shifts, etc.) while pursuing continuous improvement of workplace, processes, and product quality
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, required
• Advanced Mechanical aptitude, required
• Experience in production type operations; demonstrated competent and safe operation of heavy machinery and control systems in a schedule conscious production environment.
• Ability to read and understand technical work instructions and job orders to competently perform required function and support production processes
• Ability to perform visual inspections of materials being produced
• Basic Computer Skills, required; experience using Windows applications and SAP, preferred
• Basic Math Skills
• Strong teamwork skills, reliability, and commitment
• Ability to read and follow safety guidelines
• Forklift Certification, required (once in position)
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.