Logistics Specialist- Tulsa,OK
What's the role?
Partner with Sales and Marketing to source specialty products in accordance with product specification, technical requirements, and quality standards. These products are not part of Hilti’s standard portfolio, but are offered to Hilti customers as a special purchase. The incumbent will manage all facets of the supplier relationship related to specials including contract negotiations, vendor stocking strategy and vendor lead time.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Ensure customer requirements are fulfilled and adherence to Hilti’s Freight Policy and packaging requirements
• Create and maintain SAP files related to material and vendor setup
• Monitoring of back orders (USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and Fleet) daily and responsible for taking corrective action to resolve in a timely manner
• Serve as point of contact for DC’s and logistical needs for special items
• Complete scrap requests for Distribution Centers (DC), Hilti centers (HC) and vans
• Properly handle incoming phone calls and emails in a timely manner
• Complete and return all quotations for nationally sourced goods to customers within 24hours and expedited when required
• Complete and return all quotations for goods sourced via HAG to customers within 72 hours and expedited when required
• Cover overflow calls from other Logistics Specialists and provide answers and solutions when possible
• Be the primary driver of efforts to reduce obsolescence related to specials products; partner with Marketing to liquidate via Hilti Overstock Program; hold Sales team accountable for the execution of purchase agreements where Hilti invested in inventory to support expressed customer requirement
• Create and manage the SAP master data for all vendor and item numbers within Specials portfolio, this includes Bill of Material (BOM) items, SAP production orders and subcontracting
• Other projects, tasks, or duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills
• High customer focus with a demonstrated willingness to take extra steps to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
• Ability to work with Enterprise Requirements Planning systems including Order Entry.
• Working knowledge of Distribution Requirements Planning/Materials Requirements
• Planning and Inventory modules preferred
• Possess strong knowledge of PC and software applications including MS Office; knowledge of SAP, APO, BI preferred
• Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
• Comfortable working with strict deadlines
• Must be detail oriented; follow up and organizational skills preferred
• Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred
• Working knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP), demand planning, and net requirement calculation preferred.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.