Logistics Specialist - Distribution - Dayton, NJ
What's the role?
The role of DC Logistics Specialist assists in the improvement of the department to achieve company goals in service and sales. The position may include rotation and/or interfacing with sales, customer service, distribution, repair, transportation, materials management, controlling, repair, and other areas at Hilti North America (HNA) headquarters. This is a developmental position to gain bandwidth in logistics distribution or repair management, transport functionality, process integration, reporting, procurement, and inventory control.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Plan, purchase and distribute up to 8,000 inventory items
• Provide logistics support to 1,300 sales personnel
• Support cost containment initiatives to control $24 million Logistics operational expenditures (OPEX)
• Assist management in operations, resource supervision and process improvements
• Additional duties, as assigned
Assist Distribution Center Manager in all aspects of his/her job including, but not limited to:
• Efficient and accurate receiving
• Team development, recruiting, and coaching
• Reduce inventory loss by increasing accuracy, and damage control
• Efficient and accurate order processing
• Facilitate completion of Continuous Improvement Projects
• Resources planning and allocations
• Annual Operations Budget
• Support implementation of best practices and policies
• Implementation of LEAN principles
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, required; focus in Logistics, Management, Purchasing or related field
• Minimum zero (0) to three (3) years’ Logistics experience
• Strong Microsoft Office PC skills (i.e.: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
• High customer focus with demonstrated willingness to take extra steps to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
• Demonstrated communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
• Comfortable working with strict deadlines
• Detail oriented; follow up and organizational skills, required
• Working knowledge of warehouse equipment
• SAP knowledge, preferred
• Lean/Six sigma knowledge, preferred
Combination of normal office conditions and distribution environment:
Up to 25% of domestic travel
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Occasional Distribution equipment/materials handling
• Occasional heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment, as required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.