Logistics Service Rep - Visalia, CA
What's the role?
The role of Logistics Services Representative II is the functional expert in a Distribution Center (DC), Logistics Services Group, or similar role. This position has overall knowledge and expertise regarding logistics of materials to and from various locations, including distribution centers, Hilti Stores (HS), and individual Account Manager (AM) vehicles, throughout the US and Canada.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Functional expert in SAP inventory transactions regarding vans and warehouse material movements.
• Partner with account managers to ensure inventory accuracy as well as adherence to inventory policies and guidelines
• Answer phones and e-mail to satisfy customer requirements and questions; customers include sales professionals, warehouse operations associates, customer service reps, etc.
• Monitor orders on specific holds for accuracy, insuring timely release to distribution centers for shipping
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School diploma or equivalent, required
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in warehousing/inventory environment OR customer service environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• SAP experience in inventory management, preferred
• Working knowledge of US geography; Canadian geographic knowledge is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving abilities
Normal office conditions with occasional jobsite travel and/or inventory moves
Must be available to work overtime, as needed
Up to 5% domestic travel, required
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
• Construction jobsites may also expose employees to excessively loud noises
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and General Contractors
• Ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
• Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb ladders and scaffolding
• Able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.