Lead Developer - Plano, TX
What's the role?
The role of Developer III will be part of a development team consisting of employees and external partners for Hilti’s Digital Marketing Unit. Project scope includes E-commerce sites, collaboration apps, digital catalog and learning systems to help Hilti clients learn about, and how to use, Hilti products. The Developer III influences both internal and external stakeholders at all levels in developing or creating solutions for all platform applications.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Actively participate in product feature and design discussions; help shape the future of Hilti’s web platforms
• Adjust approach as level of precision for each project dictates
• Influence and collaborate with others at all levels of the local and global organization by using interpersonal skills
• Present solutions to both technical leadership and other software engineering teams
• Lead code review and enforce coding standards
• Mentor developers in their day-to-day tasks and assists in their professional development
• Provide development direction to the developers in the team
• Ensure development by external agencies meets team code standards and definition of done
• Supports back-end application problem resolution for the web shop and various Digital Platform cloud services
• Collaborate with solution architects to validate and implement application solutions and services
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in Development Operations or Site Reliability Engineers, required OR minimum High School diploma and seven (9) years’ relevant experience, required
o Minimum two (2) years working experience leading teams and providing work direction
• Strong analytical ability; able to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues; self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and has strong work ethic
• Coach and manage the performance of developer team
• Strong working knowledge of security principles such as server security, file systems and access control. Knowledge of AWS security best practice is preferred.
• Hands-on engineer experienced in developing microservice-based web applications.
• Expert application development in Java framework like Play/AKKA, J2EE, Springboot
• Preferred experience in software development in an e-commerce environment; experience in Hybris, preferred
• Proficient in Asynchronous processing in handling state or data processing
• Working experience in agile development methodologies
• Good knowledge in web client security, system setups, and network technologies
• Expert experience in database and data store processing – knowledge in DynamoDB, Redis, MySQL
• Expert Experience with agile software development process; strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and a developer background in n-tier client-servers solutions
• Experience in re-platforming, application rationalization, and target architecture and roadmap development.
• Ability to problem-solve, plan, and organizational projects effective and efficiently, while adhering to project specifications and deliverables
• Prior experience working with geographically distributed development teams
• Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
Normal office conditions
Up to 20% international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.