Inside Sales Specialist - University
What's the role?
We’re looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for sales and a desire for advancement opportunities throughout the U.S. and globally.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In this entry level sales role, your development begins with two months of hands-on training which will set you up for success by learning the foundation of Hilti’s culture, products, and services.
As an Inside Sales Specialist you will influence and serve all Hilti customers, including internal team members and Account Managers who have direct relationships with the Hilti customer experience. Your participation in the Account Management Development Program is essential to prepare you for your next step in an outside sales role.
What do we offer?
In our Account Manager Development Program, you will complete developmental stages before promoting into an outside sales role. During the 18-24 month program, you’ll participate in sales, product, hands-on, and industry training curriculum. As you advance in the program you will take part in outside sales training and territory sales coverages, all while being paired with a mentor.
Why should you apply?
At Hilti you will find a culture where over 80% of our management team has been promoted from within and our average employee tenure exceeds 9.6 years. Join Hilti to begin your long-term career with a global leader in a fast paced and exciting industry.
What you need is:
- Graduate between December 2019 and May 2020 with a Bachelor’s degree in Professional Sales, Marketing, or Business
- Previous customer service and/or sales skills preferred
- Results oriented and proactive - able to get things done and achieve targets
- Strong customer orientation
- Drive to develop strong and sustainable customer relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing to relocate within 18-24 months
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Eligible to work in the United States permanently without sponsorship
- Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and spend extended amount of time on the phone. Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and be able to lift and carry as much as 65 pounds. There will also be opportunities for hands-on training exercises, meetings, workshops, and presentations.
- As part of your interview process, you may shadow a current employee in this role to give you a feel for the job and the caliber of our people.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”