Human Resources Generalist
What's the role?
The Human Resources Generalist partners with line management to provide general human resources related consultation, support, service, and guidance to Hilti employee and management groups. Key areas of responsibility include line management support/coaching, employee development, strategic recruiting, legal compliance, Strategic Manpower Development (SMD)/succession planning, and organizational development in support of Hilti’s business objectives, strategic initiatives, and organizational priorities.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will manage and/or provide consultation on employment related matters to include: interviewing, hiring, transfers, demotions, relocations, promotions, terminations, surplus issues, etc. You will also engage in strategic HR Planning by managing employee relations through counseling and program development and serve as a catalyst for change management to ensure consistency in communication and alignment of company objectives. The Human Resources Generalist will manage the HNA Strategic Organizational Development Portfolio to include Assessment Centers and Talent Days, Emerging Leadership Development, and Internships/Co-ops in order to identify and develop high potential employees.
You will also advise and coach management and team members on personnel problems and/or corrective action issues to help ensure equitable, consistent, and lawful treatment of all employees in all employment actions. Provide data gathering and support to the Legal Department in employment law related matters and support compliance programs (e.g., EEO/AA, ADA, FLMA, WC, etc.) to ensure legal and corporate policy compliance in all Hilti North America (HNA) employment practices. You will consult with management and HR business partners to ensure that employees are compensated appropriately and equitably and assist in recruiting efforts for US.
You will consult and assist in training/development initiatives relating to customer base and ensure necessary employment records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements. As a Human Resources Generalist, you will actively participate in diversity initiatives as a guiding HR principle and practice and deploy company culture and principles throughout customer groups. Lastely, you will conduct and analyze Exit Interview process for customer groups.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Human Resources at a generalist level (and or equivalent experience and education) to include the following: employee relations, recruitment, organizational development, succession planning, coaching, compensation, and/or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) certification a plus
- Extensive knowledge of current employment-related laws and best practices in human resource processes
- Skillful in written and oral communication, including persuasive negotiation skills
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Strong organizational abilities and PC skills required; knowledge of SAP preferred
- High level of motivation and customer focus, continuous improvement mentality required in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
Normal office conditions.
Up to 30-50% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”