Human Resources Director - West Market Organization
What's the role?
The role of Human Resources Director is to help ensure Hilti business success by translating business strategy/objectives into HR initiatives and practices. Ensure the design and delivery of HR processes and practices are relevant and efficient to build sustainable organizational capability. Maximize employee contribution by bridging employee needs and business objectives and increasing employee commitment and competence. Increase the capacity for change by helping leaders and employees anticipate & adapt to the business environment and manage the transformation process.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Provides complete and effective workforce planning solutions to all departments and organizations in the West MO
Manages Talent Portfolio (Development and liason to Talent Acquisition) for organization to ensure achievement of organizational objectives
Designs and aligns HR initiatives with business strategy and objectives
Manages organizational and leadership assessments to meet business objectives
Serves as primary HR consultant to West General Manager and MO Leadership Team
Manages and influences organizational change in support of organization
Provides change management expertise in support of organization growth/evolution
Educates the organization in HR trends that affect the business
Manages high risk investigations and legal issues that arise within the MO
Partner with HR functional teams to ensure HR programs and policies align with legislation
Manages and develops the following direct reports; HR Generalists
Partner with Director, Total Rewards on Benefit renewal reviews, recommend changes for MO
Partners with the business and compensation to develop the bonus plans for MO
Develop contribution goals and promotion criteria with the business and finance
Develop and manage the Wellness initiatives for MO with support from the benefits team.
Partner with Director Learning and Development on leadership training for MO
Manages the Hilti People Review process to continually improve leadership (level 3-5) Provide tips and tools for leadership on effective development discussions and effective use of our HR tools
Additional duties upon request.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized benefits, such as
- Flexible Work Arrangements - Up to three days working from home
- Director Allowances including a car allowance
- Competitive Paid Time Off including vacation, personal, health & wellness, holiday, and community
- Education Assistance including professional certifications
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
Our aim is to build a better future. By this we mean helping our customers to build faster, safer and with more daring, while all the time being mindful of the legacy we leave behind. We want to be proud of the mark we make on the world. To ensure the integrity of our products, we run our own production plants and cutting-edge research and development centers right across the world.
Hilti North America has over 3,800 highly trained team members in sales, engineering, marketing and other support roles who all work to help construction professionals solve their biggest challenges. At Hilti North America, we go beyond just sitting in our offices. Our sales teams and field engineers meet our customers where they are, finding solutions to make builds safer, easier and faster.
What you need is:
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources (and or equivalent experience and education) and two (2) to three (3) years line management level experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources or a related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience. Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional Human Resources (PHR/SPHR/CHRP) certification a plus
- Extensive knowledge of current employment-related laws and best practices in human resource is a must, especially around California and key West Coast state legislation
- Skilful written and oral communication, including persuasive negotiation skills
- Ability to partner with executive level leadership
- High degree of organizational awareness and ability to navigate organizational matrix to leverage resources
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and ability to utilize innovative approach in problem solving
- High level of motivation and customer focused, continuous improvement mentality required in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Understands business drivers and financials, Key Performance Indicators and their relevance in achieving organizational vision
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.