HR Shared Services Manager - Tulsa, OK
What's the role?
Manager, HR Shared Services (HRSS) leads the Shared Service tier 1 and tier 2 team members in Hilti North America and drives exceptional employee experiences across the region. The HR Shared Services team develops and manages service delivery of HRIS systems, processes, programs and policies through an evolving governance framework. The team partners with the People Engagement Office, HR Business Partners, Centers of Excellence (COE) and other support functions to achieve strategic organizational goals. This role’s team is responsible for first line people support and the full employee lifecycle management, provides guidance and resolution to HR and Hilti employee. The team’s expertise extends beyond day to day services to continuous operational and process excellence by using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to improve HR business processes and people experiences.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Lead and develop the HRSS team members to drive activities to maximize performance and operational excellence and manage HR data quality and integrity
• Develop, analyze, and streamline HR services and processes to ensure operational excellence and improve people experiences
• Serve as a catalyst for change management to ensure consistency in people processes and policies design and execution
• Manage core operational HR topics including employee lifecycle management, HRIS, HR Compliance, EEO, AAP, Mobility, HR Policies, and other work topics as identified
• Develop and implement a systematic approach to measure service level topics and SLA’s by key category
• Manage external vendors; including selection and contract negotiations in partnership with procurement
• Partner with the W1 COEs and HR partners to identify and evaluate work topics that meet criteria for HR shared services, then collaborate and develop plans for implementation and execution
• Provide guidance to HR organization and business leaders by assessing customer needs, developing solutions and implementing process improvements related to core HR people processes
• Coach the shared services team to resolve escalations while delivering excellent customer service via troubleshooting, root cause analysis, issue recommendation, implementation, & communication
• Establish strong relationships to gain buy in on future HR service delivery opportunities
• Guarantee compliance and integrity of HR by developing an operational dashboard and scorecard, providing monthly updates key stakeholders
• Collaborate with global HR and IT services to design and deliver employee centric solutions
• Maximize the use of technologies and the shared service center to create impact and value.
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- • Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Communications, or related field
- • Six (6) years of process and operational improvement experience
- • Six (6) years of experience in a high touch customer service capacity
- • Proven people leadership in an operational or shared services environment, required
- • Lean and Six Sigma certification required, or obtained within first year of role
- • Demonstrated project management capabilities with ability to drive initiatives forward to completion
- • Highly collaborative and influential with the ability to develop, execute, and drive initiatives
- • Strong organizational and planning skills required
- • Experience with HR technologies highly preferred
- • Ability to prioritize and multi-task as well as creative solutions to problem solve, required
- • Proficient in advanced data analysis using Microsoft Excel
- • Ability to develop efficiency and optimization using data and metrics
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills that are clear, well-organized, and demonstrate an understanding of audience needs
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”