Fire Protection Engineer - Irving
What's the role?
This position is responsible for providing technical service and sound engineering judgments regarding the use of Hilti Firestop products.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Provide technical sales support through telephone and email related business
• Create engineering judgments for customers to solve field problems
• Meet assigned deadlines for project assignments
• Remain current in the knowledge of building codes relative to the application of Hilti Firestop products
• Understand and apply approvals and listings for Hilti products correctly in verbal and written communication with customers
• Provide engineering support through the composition of letters regarding the application of Hilti products for external customers
• Provide Fire Protection Specialists with corporate support and relevant product information
• Support Chemicals Business Unit with introduction of new products/innovations (technical review of documents)
• Present training materials to internal and external customers
• Assure internal and external customers receive quality answers to technical inquiries regarding the use and/or application of Hilti Firestop products
• Research existing fire data to create engineering judgments/recommendations for field applications that are not tested
• Complete smaller projects (e.g. presentations, web development, small testing projects, etc.) in order to help support the activities of Hilti Fire Protection Specialists and sales personnel
• Protect Hilti from liability exposure through utilization of sound engineering practices
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Technology
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, engineers, and architects through verbal and written response
• Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems
• Ability to function effectively on teams
• Ability to verbally present technical information to small and large groups
• Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• After completion of assignment, next position may require relocation
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.