Fire Protection Engineer II - Irving, TX
What's the role?
This position provides support to field personnel via development of engineering judgements: 1.) to create original designs; 2). provide technical answers to questions related to the Firestop portfolio.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Support Field personnel via engineering judgements and CAD drawings for Installation Systems (IS) as well as field visits to key jobs, customers, and specifiers
Provide technical support to customers, specifiers, and internal sales team
Understand and apply approvals and listings for Hilti products correctly in verbal and written communication with customers
Present training materials to internal and external customers
Lead smaller projects (e.g. presentations, web development, small testing projects, etc.) in order to help support the activities of Hilti Fire Protection Specialists and sales personnel
Research existing fire data to create engineering judgments/recommendations for field
applications that are not tested
Protect Hilti from liability exposure through utilization of sound engineering practices
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required- Fire Protection or Mechanical Engineering discipline preferred
- Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents required
- Working knowledge of Hilti Firestop products preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, architects, contractors, and Hilti personnel through verbal and written response required
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and electronic files required
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems required
- Ability to function effectively on teams required
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience required
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate required
- Working knowledge of industry related construction methods and practices preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.