Financial Planning & Analysis - Controller
What's the role?
The FP&A - Controller is responsible for the design, implementation, tracking, reporting, and communication of the Hilti North America (HNA) budgeting and steering and providing overall analytical support to the finance and business functions, ensuring the best possible financial information for business decisions to support sustainable, profitable growth. The Controller may also contribute and provide leadership in developing and advancing the Global Finance strategy and related roadmap. This role requires deep dive analysis into topics of strategic importance with the objective of operationalizing the findings.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Develop and consolidate business plans (short, mid, and long-term) to orchestrate the steering of Hilti North America’s business
• Communicate effectively among the Market Organizations (MOs), functional departments, and Finance/Accounting; gain the trust of the units as a competent business partner to MO and Functional Finance Business Partners
• Create and implement relevant measurements and key metrics for business results and processes (Key Performance Indicators)
• Track, analyze, and interpret business results
• Explore deviations to the forecast by creating transparency on cause and effect and make recommendations on corrective actions, maintaining the respective tracking
• Lead or participate in department projects or tasks on an ongoing and/or as-needed basis
• Work with global finance peers in Global HQ and other Regional HQs to lead and/or support the Shared Leadership business project model
• Remain accountable for effectively defining, planning, and implementing projects that achieve company objectives, productivity standards, and cost controls by understanding and defining cross functional requirements, documenting processes, training others, and being responsible for functional expertise, coaching, and mentoring
• Train HNA managers on financial topics during formal and informal HNA training classes
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in financial analyses and modeling, with one (1) year in a Market Organization related finance role required
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills
- Advanced level knowledge in SAP/BI or equivalent, preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated leadership in defining cross functional requirements and leading projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated coaching/training and change management skills
- Lean / Six Sigma experience highly preferred
- International professional experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- International mobility preferred
- Available to travel up to 25%
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”