Finance Analyst - Walnut Creek, CA
What's the role?
The Finance Analyst is the analytical and reporting expert for the Market Organization (MO). This position is responsible to work directly with the Finance Business Partner (FBP) and provide efficient and timely MO financial support.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The Finance Analyst supports strategic and operational decision making as part of the Finance team in one of Hilti’s market organizations. The position reports to the Finance Business Partner (Director) and supports/steers a Field team of direct and indirect selling resources. You will participate in annual PnL game planning, target setting, investment planning, and profitability reviews. You will own operational Finance tactics in support of driving topline growth as well as managing pricing, margin and operating cost.
What do we offer?
Finance at Hilti is a people business with over 1,150 staff worldwide. Performing to our full potential depends on boundaryless cooperation. We aspire to have strong functional leadership based on a joint agenda while supporting strategy implementation and growth. The global Finance team consists of over 60 nationalities and average 8 years of experience located across 9 regions, 7 shared service centers, plus our global HQ in Lichtenstein. Mobility is encouraged as is the desire to gain cross functional development as you grow into global leaders.
Why should you apply?
You will rely heavily on your current ability to maneuver large raw data resources, create and manage complex reporting/analytics/models, understand process, and translate the complex into actionable visualization and insight. You will develop and master the ability to identify and prioritize performance potentials, the ability to define a target, and a clear plan to improve performance. You will ultimately be able to define the value you create and learn how to set your bar higher.
What you need is:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- Minimum two years of experience in financial analyses and modeling required, with one year in a Market Organization related finance role preferred
- Strong functional expertise in Finance
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills
- Advanced level knowledge in SAP/BI
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrated leadership in defining cross functional requirements and leading projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated coaching/training and change management skills
- Quantitative, structured approach to projects and analysis preferred (e.g., Lean/Six Sigma experience)
- International professional experience preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”