Finance Analyst - Walnut Creek
What's the role?
The role of Finance Analyst I is to provide analytical support to the Finance Business Partner (FBP) team within Hilti North America (HNA), ensuring the best possible financial information for business decisions to support sustainable, profitable growth.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Regional owner/expert of key financial master data, processes, and reports
• Ensure quality and timeliness of information and expands the understanding of its underlining principles among the Finance Business Partner Team
• Support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team by being the first point of contact for issues and questions
• Challenges and improves current financial analytical processes/models, resulting in improved business decisions and productivity.
• Provide analytical support to Finance Business Partner team
• Support HNA managers in the Rolling Forecast (RF) process and monthly OPEX and headcount review and improvement process to ensure annual targets are properly established and realized
• Train HNA managers on financial topics during formal and informal HNA training classes
• Participates in projects within HNA and globally, on an as needed basis.
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, and development as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, International Business, or MIS required
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, International Business, or MIS preferred
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles, required
- Ability to handle large work volume, multiple priorities, and ability to meet strict deadlines required
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and process orientation, required
- Analytical thinking, with an ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems,
- Good skills in MS Office, especially Excel, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal management skills, required
- Experience in management reporting and business planning, preferred
- Experience with balanced scorecard; experience with business intelligence and/or decision support
- systems, preferred
- Good skills in BI/BW and basic knowledge of SAP R/3, preferred
- Second language, preferred
Normal office conditions.
Occasional domestic travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”