What's the role?
Responsible for maximizing the specification and sales of designed engineered solutions/systems through identification of target applications, creation of designed solutions, provision of bid packages to all bidding contractors, convincing of winning bidder to use and purchase our solution and ensuring full delivery of the products and services agreed to on the purchase order. Develops and executes a unique bid strategy for each target project, with the goal to sell the relevant bid package to the responsible contractor.
Who is Hilti?
A global private industrial company operating in 120 countries.
What does the role involve?
Regularly scans project databases and makes assessment of most attractive projects to target, based on multiple criteria including, but not limited to, key applications, and assessment of the competitive market situation, the key contractors in the bid process, and their capabilities. Prioritizes target projects through managed, constantly evolving project funnel
• Specifies creation of engineered solutions for overhead grid, raised floor, and/or hot/cold aisle structures related to Data Center projects and other commercial applications. Provides practical check on engineered solution as it relates to project environment and application as well as market competitiveness. Applies technical expertise to designs as needed
• Builds relationships with bidding contractors by creating, submitting, and participating actively in, bid packages during pre-design and design phases. Represents Hilti at pre-bid meetings and promotes Hilti as engineered solution provider
• Sells winning bidder on engineered solution’s value add, overcomes objections, closes, and supports with submittal for inclusion in project design. Cross sells other related Hilti products
• Coaches Account Managers (AM), Regional Managers (RM), and Project Managers (PM) in coverage area to improve competence of key project types, applications, and products (Install, Anchor, DX) and their ability to answer basic technical questions. Teaches and influences AMs how to scan for good opportunities and ask clarifying questions to determine full potential and integrate into project funnel
• Services as project leader and primary interface between Owner, Contractor, field personnel, Project Management Office, and any third-party service providers, during the bid, design and execution phase of the Engineered Solution. Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple internal departments to identify and mitigate project risk. Ensures contract compliance and risk management of project deliverables
• Tracks successes/failures and regularly provides ROI assessment and bid proposal conversion rate
• Leads process improvement initiatives identified through the Review and Improve process and standardizes the process/system within Hilti. Aids in expansion of Engineered Solutions capability in target markets
• Leverages Technical Back-Office, Hilti Field Engineer, Regional Manager, and Account Manager as needed throughout the process
• Other duties as needed or assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and a high level of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business. Growth and career potential is domestic and global.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and values based culture, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- B.S. in Civil/Mechanical/Structural Engineering or equivalent experience. MBA or Masters desired
- Experience in construction industry desirable
- Proven success with selling value added and/or engineered solutions to contractors/owners
- Familiarity with project plans, specifications and commercial terms
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”