Fastening and Protection Field Engineer - Detroit, MI
What's the role?
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
• Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
• Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
• Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
• Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
• Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
• Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
Obtain specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products, concentrating on high potential designers, specifiers, and owner groups:
• Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
• Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
• Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
• Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
• Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
• Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
• Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
• Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals:
• Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
• Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
• Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. CSI, ASCE, Structural Engineer’s Association
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Accountable for the technical training, advisory, calculations and onsite testing&inspections for specifiers and customers. Local / country scope.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
2 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role preferred
Work is performed in jobsite conditions, which may include working at high elevations.
Up to 20% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and General Contractors
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.