Engineer- Anchor- Plano
What's the role?
This position is accountable for providing engineering support and technical marketing services to the Fastening and Protection Product Business Units (BUs), Sales Market Organizations (MOs), key field personnel, and to Hilti customers including engineers and architects in support of Anchors and Direct Fastening product lines. This includes training of field technical personnel and Technical Support Engineers, obtaining and maintaining product approvals, support of all engineering level requests, and responsibility for the accuracy of all technical portions of company product literature and technical manuals in both printed and electronic formats.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Provide direct engineering support for Fastening and Protection Product BUs including Anchors and Direct Fastening product lines
• Provide engineering support to the Sales MOs and Hilti customers by utilizing a thorough
knowledge of the products, of basic engineering principles, and of construction techniques
• Prepare and facilitate engineering training programs for basic and advanced anchoring and direct fastening technology on both a theoretical and practical application basis, including related engineering concepts to Field Engineers and Technical Support Engineers as well as to other Hilti technical personnel
• Develop and coordinate technical and engineering information and literature for publication by collaborating with the Fastening and Protection Product BU's and by monitoring the needs of Hilti customers
• Responsible for obtaining new and maintaining existing product approvals from national and regional building code organizations as determined by the Fastening and Protection Product Business Units and the Sales MOs
• Investigate new applications for Fastening and Protection products as determined by the Sales MOs and the BU's by gathering application information and initiating test plans as required
• Assist in developing and coordinating internal and external product testing requirements in
accordance with industry standards and codes
• Monitor product complaints and assist with Western Hemisphere Quality in product deficiencies as required
• Review test reports for compliance with standards, criteria, and approval requirements
• Continually monitor all operations within the scope of responsibility to ensure compliance
with the Hilti Quality System and related procedures while striving for achievement of departmental and HWHgoals and objectives
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in engineering or related technical field, or a Masters or PhD in Civil/Structural Engineering
• EIT preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• PC skills using Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
• Must be willing to travel (10% to 15%)
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.