Energy & Industry Regional Manager - Pittsburgh, PA
What's the role?
The Regional Manager- Energy & Industry is responsible for the implementation and execution of marketing strategies through their direct reports in a pre-determined geography. This position is responsible for delivering the key performance indicators for his/her region on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as defined and outlined by the market organization (MO) and manage efforts of entire team (Account Managers and Project Managers) associated with key projects on converting obtained project specifications into sales. Additionally, the Regional Manager is responsible for people development through coaching, modeling, and developing the future leadership pipeline of the organization. People management responsibilities include: overall performance management of the team via Hilti’s source and select process, strategic manpower development process (SMD), and performance management process (PMP).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Territory: PA, OH, and IN
Execute and deliver on the key performance indicator goals for the region outlined by the Division Manager and General Manager of the Market Organization (MO)
Coordinate and execute regional meetings, product launch meetings, review and improve sessions, performance reviews, and development discussions both within the region of responsibility and with the Division Manager
Through the MO leadership team, set specific and measurable priorities that empower the team of Account Managers to achieve their business and personal development targets in alignment with the corporate strategy
Coordinate activities, such as seminars and marketing activities, of support personnel: Field Engineers, Product Specialists, etc.
Evaluate ROI of creative options in order to make financially sound decisions
Utilize outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to motivate and educate Account Managers and develop teamwork within and outside of the region
Responsible for building, maintaining, and developing a high performing team through ongoing professional and competency development
Live, model, and coach alignment of the team to Hilti’s purpose and values by inspiring team members to lead and embrace change
Model and coach desired behaviors through time spent in the field with each team member
Act decisively with consequent behavior and action towards demonstrated patterns of poor or subpar performance including disciplinary action up to and including termination
Review, assess, and provide input towards additional revenue opportunities through territory realignments, headcount allocation, and underpenetrated high potential accounts
Provide business recommendations to the General Manager based on completed market analysis
Analyze PLS progress and create path forward with localized approach to improve region performance
Analyze target customer list and compare with top contractors in major cities for heat map on targeting the right mix/balance of customers
Create project plans for custom deliverable work, assign tasks to complete projects and monitor progress, and review, manage and adhere to client project plan
Coordinate and provide direction for the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts, specifications, sales, and key project action plans
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best team members and managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Competency in SAP preferred
- Competency in the use of sales productivity tools
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Understanding and prior experience coaching salespeople on how to use MS programs and systems to manage, analyze, and develop business plans of salespersons customer database to effectively maintain and grow sales
- Demonstrated understanding and previous coaching of Time and Territory Management (TTM), including zoning a territory by customer potential and previous sales, creating/owning daily schedule, and using sales productivity tools (example: SAP)
- Understanding and previous experience coaching salespeople how to identify and select top potential accounts within a sales territory; demonstrated ability to analyze and identify which customers to target, what criteria to use to select customers, and create business plans to identify customers’ potential and what product gaps exist in customers’ current purchasing habits
- Understanding of how to get things done in a matrix organization; demonstrated ability to work with all departments (logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and maintaining company assets, such as van inventory, company provided vehicles, laptops, smart phones, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in assisting credit department collect on past due outstanding accounts receivables
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, built on past experiences, concept and strategy development
- Demonstrated experience to coach & to improve processes ideally continuity over time ensured
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months verbiage should go on the job posting. The verbiage should be place at the end of the requirements as shown below.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”