Energy & Industry Field Engineer - (Bay Area / Portland / Seattle)
What's the role?
This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers (buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. This position educates design communities concerning proper use and advantages of Hilti fastening and protection products. This position capitalizes on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products while adding value by assisting design community and influencers in solving design problems using Hilti Products. This position protects company from liability exposure through use of sound engineering judgment. Provides leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Territory: Bay Area, Portland, Seattle
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
• Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
• Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
• Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
• Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
• Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
• Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
Obtain specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products, concentrating on high potential designers, specifiers, and owner groups:
• Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
• Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
• Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
• Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
• Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
• Create and coordinate jobsite management within SFDC system; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings
• Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
• Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals:
• Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
• Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
• Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. CSI, ASCE, Structural Engineer’s Association
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural, Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering degree required
- Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 5 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role required
- Sales experience preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”