Energy & Industry - Digital Construction (BIM) Project Manager - Dallas, TX
What's the role?
The Digital Construction Project Manager will provide critical support to the cost‐effective, on‐time delivery of our BIM Solutions relevant to customer projects. Both in the acquisition and in the execution phase of projects this role makes a strong contribution based on the knowledge of BIM software in commercial construction applications. Based on extensive modeling experience this role could analyze received BIM models on usability. The Digital Construction Project Manager supports the local HILTI organizations in using the appropriate software programs for their BIM projects and where necessary will take the lead. This role combines modeling tasks with on the job training of colleagues so they will be able to model future projects on their own. This role will partner with BIM‐to Field Team to test and implement new BIM developments in the company standards of HILTI.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As appropriate, work with the local Engineering Services Manager to develop and implement the following:
Hilti’s single point of contact on BIM projects within assigned market organization
Lead and coordinate cross‐functionally between internal departments and conduct project coordination meetings to evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
Define and manage overall project schedule; assign tasks/ deadlines to project team on daily/weekly basis
Manage overall project costs, ensure proper project documentation and assess/mitigate risk throughout the process
BIM Services delivery:
In conjunction with the HNA BIM PMO Expert and BIM Firestop & Installation team take the lead in the management and delivery of BIM modeling service for customer and project inquiries received from the field team.
Develop BIM solution framework agreements on behalf of the Market Organization for select BIM projects and customers
Utilize industry standard software (Autodesk Revit etc.) carry out analysis / simulation on existing BIM models and create a model of the proposed works (define new templates and families as necessary)
When appropriate, utilize the extensive library of Hilti CAD objects which can be incorporated into the drawing files and into the integrated model.
Collaboration on Engineering Services:
Work in close partnership with the local ESS and support from our North American Project
Management group to integrate Engineering solutions as applicable within the BIM model.
Self‐learning and development:
Work with the relevant internal team members to further develop own skills and be the leading modelling expert in the Market Organization.
Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the relevant industry Standards, Codes and
Approvals relating to implementation and usage of BIM related software within the MO.
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, required
- • 5 + years industry experience using standard BIM software within a design or contracting environment
- • Installation experience in MEP system solution (Modeling & Field experience) required; technical
- degree preferred
- • Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a project manager, required
- • Qualification & certification in BIM modeling from relevant industry partner, drafting background
- would be a benefit
- • Knowledge of / qualification in structural design (preferred)
- • Comprehensive knowledge of 3D modeling in Revit in terms of cost, schedule and details
- • Extensive knowledge of coordination software Navisworks & Solibri
- • Ability to perform analysis and simulation on the basis of a BIM model
- • Able to create parametric typical and parametric families from scratch
- • Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design‐changes and model challenges.
- • Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- • Prepare discipline model and/or content for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- • Ability to export IFC and other formats for collaboration internally and externally.
- • Willingness to take self‐responsibility and work well within a team
- • Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”