Division Technical Services Manager
What's the role?
This position is accountable for the development of strategy, programs and personnel for Technical Service in support of overall strategic sales goals. This includes development and maintenance of training programs and presentation materials, as well as implementation of a strategic direction in concert with Champion 3C and Vision 2020 strategy. Responsible for driving activities of the field Technical Service team and influencing Sales Management to ensure sustainable and profitable growth of Hilti Fastening & Protection specified products.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Coordinate the technical activities of Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists and Project Managers in accordance with Champion 2020 strategies and business objectives established for the Market Organization and the company.
• Develop and implement specific market and/or product-oriented programs and strategies within their market to enhance sales, meet strategic objectives, and provide more value to Hilti customers.
• Establish an effective program (SMP) to maintain close contact with major, targeted Hilti customers (A&E firms, Owners, Contractors) for the purpose of developing specifier and buyer loyalty to Hilti products and services. This includes a system to identify and concentrate on high potential buying and non-buying accounts and to track progress using CRM.
• Hire, develop and evaluate (PMP) and present (SMD) Technical Service personnel to ensure a high level of competence in providing technical support for the sales organization. These include, but are not limited to:
Recruiting, training, developing, evaluating, and terminating people
Strategizing, planning and implementing the HNA Technical Service teams’ innovative future
Applying learned activities, implementing regional strategies, and acting…”getting things done”.
• Time Management – Increase the productivity of Technical Service personnel by guiding and coordinating the field activities (working together with AM on job site visits, key customer visits and Strategic Business support, etc.) and marketing activities (seminars, trade shows, inspection seminars, regional meetings, etc.) which drive our business.
• Work with Corporate Product Business Units and Technical Services Department to ensure Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists and Project Managers are provided with timely, accurate and useful technical information and training in support of their assignments and market needs.
• Serve as point of contact for all Field Engineer, Fire Protection and Project Manager software needs, including CRM and CPM tool.
• Plan and conduct regular meetings/seminars which are effective in building the competence of the Technical Service team in conjunction with local sales teams.
• Provide feedback as needed to product and technical departments on customer/market needs as they relate to products, software or other programs.
• Assist in the annual development of Technical Service objectives including KSO and bonus plans.
• Provide support for specific projects or programs as directed by the MO Director, Technical Service.
• Understand Codes, Regulations and Technical Criteria pertinent to local markets, and be able to communicate related issues and opportunities with Sales Management.
• Other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
Why should you apply?
Hilti’s core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Courage and Commitment are aligned with the values of what has been instilled in you while serving your country. We look for team members who like to learn, lead, develop themselves and others and continue to give back to their community creating long term sustainable value.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred
- 5years minimum experience in engineering or related technical field.
- 4 years minimum experience with Hilti, with at least 2 years as a Field Engineer, Fire Protection Specialist, Measuring Specialist or Division Project Manager with Hilti
- Ability to be a superior mentor for coaching/training
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather appropriate information and analyze it to develop & implement effective strategies
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to delegate duties & empower others
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (i.e. CRM, CPM, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be creative & entrepreneurial
- Excellent problem-solving & decision-making skills
- Ability to be a team player, and a team leader
- Work is performed in jobsite conditions, which may include working at high elevations.
- Up to --% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
- Adverse Working Conditions:
- Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
- Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
- Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
- Safety Equipment Required:
- Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and General Contractors
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.