Division Project Manager- New York City
What's the role?
Coordinate efforts of entire team (Account Managers, Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists, and Regional Manager) associated with key projects on converting obtained project specifications into sales. Hold key job site meetings to ensure focus is maintained and to track progress of team efforts on
key projects. Track sales and action plan progress with the assistance of the Regional Manager and Account Managers. Establish and maintain high level contacts with buying and non-buying customers on key projects. Frequently visit key job sites in order to gain application knowledge, develop site relationships, and gain a better understanding of the design firm’s and owner’s needs on future projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Provide project support; coordinate with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, and officials of codes and approvals
• Communicate with customers (buying and non-buying)
• Visit jobsite with salespeople, field engineers, fire protection specialists, or strategic
business personnel to assess application problems and opportunities
• Conduct monthly meetings to provide training on converting specifications to sales and on selling to the jobsite; increase the sales and technical competence of the salesforce
• Make joint site calls to Engineering and other technical personnel, group site seminars, and contractors and other construction professionals
• Convert specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products into sales, concentrating on high potential projects
• Provide competent recommendations to contractors on specific applications on key projects; educate contractors on the advantages of Hilti value added solutions
• Review project specifications and blueprints and assist the salesforce to provide quotations on specified products and submit alternates to non-Hilti specifications
• Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts, specifications,
sales, and key project action plans
• Coordinate with salesforce to ensure that the team capitalizes on key opportunities
• Establish and build high level contacts for the contractors on the assigned key projects
• Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering; MBA preferred
• 4 years minimum experience in engineering or related technical field with 2 years minimum
experience as a Field Engineer or Sales Engineer
• Knowledge of construction methods and practices required; understanding of entire project team (architect, engineers, PM's, Supers, Safety reps, purchasing, etc.) and how they fit together; understanding of construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
• Superior selling skills and ability to coach selling skills to AM's; must also be able to lead entire Hilti team through to completion of project
• Strong organizational skills: must be able to organize all projects, track successes, and bring these successes to the next project
• Experience using Microsoft Suite, SAP, and PROFIS
• E.I.T.(Engineer-In Training) preferred
Work is performed in jobsite conditions, which may include working at high elevations.
Minimum of 20% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
• Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
• Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and General Contractors
• Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65
pounds of Hilti product
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.