Division Project Manager - DFW/ Austin
What's the role?
The Division Project Manager II (DPM II) will coordinate efforts of entire team, (Account Managers, Field Engineers, Fire Protection Specialists, and Regional Manager) associated with key projects, on converting obtained project specifications into sales. This role will hold key job site meetings to maintain project focus and track progress of team efforts. This role is responsible for establishing maintaining high level contacts with buying and non-buying customers on key projects, including visiting key job sites to gain application knowledge, develop site relationships, and gain a better understanding of the design firms and owner’s needs on future projects. Support leadership of project management team in the development of best practices.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Provide project support by coordinating with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, and officials of codes and approvals
• Communicate with customers (buying and non-buying)
• Visit jobsite with salespeople, field engineers, fire protection specialists, or strategic business personnel to assess application problems and opportunities
• Conduct monthly meetings to provide training on converting specifications to sales and on selling to the jobsite; increase the sales and technical competence of the salesforce
• Make joint site calls to engineering and other technical personnel, group site seminars, and contractors and other construction professionals
• Convert specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products into sales, concentrating on high potential projects
• Review project specifications and blueprints and assist the salesforce in providing quotations on specified products and submitting alternates to non-Hilti specifications
• Utilize Hilti provided software to maintain accurate records of contacts, specifications, sales, and key project action plans
• Coordinate with salesforce to ensure the team capitalizes on key opportunities
• Establish and build high level contacts with the contractors on the assigned key projects
• Coordinate the utilization of corporate services on key projects and coordinate efforts with HUB back office operations to support key customers on the jobsite
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree, required; focus in engineering preferred
• Four (4) years’ experience in engineering or related technical sales, key account management, or field sales
• E.I.T. (Engineer-In Training), preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of construction methods, interconnectedness of project team, and local building codes as related to Hilti products
• Superior selling skills and ability to lead entire Hilti team through to completion of project
• Strong organizational skills: must be able to organize all projects, track successes, and bring these successes to the next project
• Experience using Microsoft Suite, SAP, and PROFIS
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.