Digital Operations Lead
What's the role?
The role of Lead, Digital Operations, is responsible for creating and leading a professional support team in multiple, global Hilti locations and is accountable for business continuity and maximum uptime for Hilti Digital production systems.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 24,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Day to day this role will ensure timely resolution of production system issues using strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. Lead communication to our Digital, IT, and Business communities in regards to incident management and support operations. Manage all support schedules including rotational support team assignments and on-call duty with the software engineering team. Maintain a Digital Operations knowledge base, which documents team procedures, vendor contacts, disaster recovery plans, and other critical information.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, MIS, CS, or equivalent with minimum five (5) years’ experience managing IT Operations team OR High School diploma with minimum nine (9) years relevant work experience, required
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification, preferred
- Strong IT affinity and broad general knowledge of current information technology hardware, network, software, tools, and frameworks; knowledge in Hybris, AEM, and SAP preferred
- Expert knowledge of system and application monitoring and responsiveness; proven experience in supporting web applications deployed in AWS, preferred
- Familiarity of Application and System Monitoring systems, i.e. Splunk, New Relic, CloudWatch
If we’re impressed with your CV, we’ll invite you for an interview, introduce you to the team and pay for your travel to get there.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.