Digital Construction Consultant - St. Louis, MO
What's the role?
The Digital Construction Consultant has full responsibility for sales development of our relevant BIM to Field Portfolio of solutions including but not limited to advanced layout, high end detection, robotics, and relevant software & services within a specific geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing a tactical sales plan, creating account specific sales strategies, driving sales force competencies, supporting the sales force by conducting product demonstrations, completing direct sales calls with customers and implementing and steering product/marketing strategies in the application fields of our BIM to Field offering.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Achieve sales and profitability targets for High‐End Measuring Products & Services
Analyze sales results, review customer fact base, identify key trades and customer size to develop tactical sales strategy Coordinate efforts of entire team of Account Managers, Regional Managers, Division Managers, Field Engineers & marketing team members with a goal of improving market reach of high‐end measuring products
Effectively qualify, consult & implement relevant solutions that meet our customers’ needs and expectations. This includes both short‐term needs (tool training) and long‐term needs (embedded workflow change)
Provide the sales organization expert "hands‐on" and software support for highly technical products
Plan, develop and execute advanced layout and high‐end detection product training for sales organization
Plan and participation in, trade shows and other industry events
Visit construction jobsites to demonstrate advanced layout and high‐end detection products and their software
Support launch of new products to customers and team members by acquainting them with product feature benefits and tool functionality
Support pipeline activities within relevant customer implementations that can support additional upstream BIM‐relevant solutions
Support marketing by identifying and sharing new market and application opportunities
Test new products, collect data and customer feedback and provide marketing support to ensure new products are developed according to industry and customer needs
Keep in close contact with customers to determine application and service needs
Providing input into the development of competitor databases
Communicate planning & recording activities in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Smart phone applications
Maintain knowledge of assigned product portfolio and related services (i.e. LTS, Fleet, etc)
Provide leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members within defined mentorship program
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Preferred areas of study include: Business & Economics, Civil, Structural, Surveying or related engineering field
- MBA preferred
- 4 ‐ 6 years of successful outside direct sales experience and/or 2 years direct sales management experience
- Experience with Consultative and/or Solution selling is strongly preferred.
- Experience with commercial construction processes on jobsites
- Basic understanding of BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit) recommended
- Proven time and territory management (TTM) success
- Ability to create and drive data driven strategic sales plan
- Highly motivated self‐starter
- Strong matrix manager with ability to create team buy‐in and lead group
- Learning agility: Fast to action with the confidence that they can learn along the way
- Strong technical aptitude
- Willingness to relocate to assigned geography required for B2FC position and elsewhere for possible future positions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to speak English fluently
- *Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.