What's the role?
The role of Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer is responsible for working with the development team on application build system, deployment, and network operations. This person will be responsible for managing the entire DevOps lifecycle including the operation and monitoring of company systems, creating and maintaining our continuous integration environment and development tool chain, and assisting with troubleshooting network and system problems. The ideal candidate will have cloud experience, including AWS and Azure, have demonstrated ability to build and maintain the whole stack from load balancing to databases, manage deployment, devise logging strategy, application performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving systems to keep everything running smoothly.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Deploying, automating, monitoring, maintaining and managing both on premise and cloud based production systems: ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
Team expert in build, release and configuration management of development, test and production systems
Expert knowledge in setup and management of APIs gateway
System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
Expert knowledge in evaluating new deployment, monitoring and container technology options and vendor products.
Engage with the IT Security team to adhere to Security standards, and help in passing IT security assessment and Penetration testing
Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions
Work with software engineers to create and maintain development tool chains and environments using containerization tools such as Docker
Work as part of the team, with minimal direction
Influence others at all levels of the organization by using interpersonal skills
Responsible for automation of build process and deployment, including mobile application build management
Create and continuously update documentations such as Network and Component Diagrams and DevOps processes. Able to share the DevOps best practice to the team
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant,more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in DevOps, required
- Strong working knowledge of security principles such as server security, file systems and access control
- Expert knowledge in build automation and continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Ansible, etc.
- Expert knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. bash, PowerShell)
- Strong in AWS container services (Docker, Fargate, Kubernetes / EKS) and Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- General knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring like AppDynamics, New Relic.
- Working knowledge in supporting test management and automation frameworks such as Selenium, Saucelabs, Ranorex and Appium
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an AWS based cloud solution with expertise in a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, ECS, Lambda, IAM)
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration and debugging
- Knowledge of web technology build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, JShint, JSlint, Uglify
- Knowledge of mobile app deployment such HockeyApp, TestFlight.
- Strong analytical ability; able to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues; self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and has strong work ethic
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), required
- Normal office conditions
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.