What's the role?
The role of Software Development Lead will be part of a development team consisting of employees and external partners for Hilti. Project scope includes E-commerce sites, collaboration apps, digital catalog and learning systems to help Hilti clients learn about, and how to use, Hilti products. The Software Development Lead influences both internal and external stakeholders at all levels in developing or creating solutions for all platform applications.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Leads a team, recruiting and coaching team members, deploying resources to achieve maximum effectiveness at lowest cost. Focuses on people development, getting the best out of people, defines own success as the success of the team Attracts and retains talent, plans for succession, keeps the wheel going and all spokes filled.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in Development Operations or Site Reliability Engineers, required OR minimum High School diploma and seven (9) years’ relevant experience, required
- Minimum two (2) years working experience leading teams and providing work direction
- Strong analytical ability; able to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues; self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and has strong work ethic
- Coach and manage the performance of developer team
- Strong working knowledge of security principles such as server security, file systems and access control. Knowledge of AWS security best practice is preferred.
- Hands-on engineer experienced in developing microservice-based web applications.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming languages preferably C#
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, as well as ORM technologies
- Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in .NET Core or Node.js
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based platforms and paradigms (AWS preferred)
- Expert experience in database and data store processing – knowledge in DynamoDB, Redis, MySQL
- Ability to problem-solve, plan, and organizational projects effective and efficiently, while adhering to project specifications and deliverables
- Prior experience working with geographically distributed development teams
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Normal work conditions
- Up to 20% international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.