What's the role?
Mid-level Developer is a pivotal role in Hilti’s Global Application Software Unit. The Mid-level Developer is responsible for implementing backlog tasks, architectural designs and solutions, and executing on development tasks. Further, the Mid-level Developer drives and validates use of patterns and practices defined by the broader technical organization, as well as adopts the established DevOps framework.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Operate effectively in a large / complex, global / multi-cultural software development organization under agile Scrum framework
Actively participate in product feature and design discussions
Implement architectural strategies for building loosely coupled, modular systems which leverage Cloud computing to achieve economies of scale
Work with infrastructure and development teams to achieve highly available and scalable solutions using container-based orchestration platforms
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum four (4) years experience designing and developing enterprise-scale applications and services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; quick learner with a strong work ethic; self-motivated, team player
- Experience conducting code reviews and taking part in technical discussions
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, including C#
- Experience with relational databases as well as ORM technologies
- Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in .NET (preferred) or Node.js
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker a plus)
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc)
- Up to 10% international travel required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.