What's the role?
The role of Developer II is responsible for supporting the development of Hilti mobile and desktop web applications for the Hilti Digital Unit. Project scope includes E-commerce sites, collaboration apps, and learning systems in order to help Hilti clients learn about, and how to use, Hilti products. The Developer II will collaborate with Usability Designers and other developers to produce componentized solutions, all while leveraging prior experience producing dynamic solutions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Serve as back-end application engineer for mobile device and/or web applications
Develop application structure for the entire team, not for a single individual
Write semantic markup combined with Cascading Style Sheets 3(CSS3) leading to seamless deployment to varying desktop and mobile browsers
Translate designs into easy-to-use and testable product implementations
Actively participate in product feature and design discussions; help shape products
Adjust approach as level of precision for each project dictates
Work as part of the team, with minimal direction
Influence others at all levels of the organization by using interpersonal skills
Lead code review and enforce coding standards
Responsible for automation of build process and deployment
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, required Minimum six (6) years’ experience in software development in front end web
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Proficient in Asynchronous processing in handling state or data processing (i.e.: knowledge of Promise and Observable event handling are required)
- Mobile development experience across varying phone browsers Experience using Ionic Framework to build mobile apps
- Masterful experience in data transmission format such as JSON or XML, required; understand how to traverse elements in one of these formats
- Expert in agile development methodologies
- Expert in web technology build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, JShint, JSlint, Uglify Excellent problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success with an application, whether client app or mobile apps, used by at least 100K users, required
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically distributed development teams Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Accomplished projects with PhoneGap/Cordova and their multiple plugins, preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.