Design & Product Development Engineer - Irving
What's the role?
The Design & Product Development Engineer is responsible for development and research activities to derive product solution from concept to serial production within the product development and supply team. This role requires creativity in design, proven understanding in relevant materials, and manufacturing technologies in conjunction with design to cost, based on the competency of Hilti suppliers. This role will interact within an interdisciplinary team (product management, supply manager, quality) to ensure development quality. The Design & Product Development Engineer understands how to complete deliverables on time with a high degree of self-reliance.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Develop mechanical product solutions based on market requirements, using NX CAD software and PDM software ECTR; perform analysis via hand calculations and/or finite element analysis
• Systematically develop new concepts based on customer needs and cost targets
• Work closely with suppliers to develop serial drawings taking into consideration manufacturing requirements
• Validate concepts in terms of function, cost, manufacturing technology, and quality in cooperation with Testing, Marketing, Quality, and Supply
• Responsible for detailed design specification/engineering, manufacturing of components and assembly in conformity to standards and processes; design to the state of the art
• Test the developed solutions, including defining test setup and test execution
• Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external partners
• Document developed product, including development and design report
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellentmix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or noconstruction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, nomatter what your background.
What you need is:
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equal qualification/education
• Three (3) years of professional experience in mechanical product development required
• Proven design experience and in-depth user experience of leading design tools (NX, PDM, FMEA, FEA)
• Experience in sheet metal stamping and bending technology, welding, and corrosion protection for mass production is an advantage
• Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual and implementation skills
• Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams
• High commitment, self-responsibility and customer orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.