Demand/Supply Planner - Plano, TX
What's the role?
The role of the Material Manager I is to successfully execute the principals of Strategic Supply Chain Management which directly contribute to Hilti’s objectives for sustainable, profitable growth.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Manage large volume inventory through planning, purchasing, and distribution of SKU’s
Serve as point of contact for internal and external customers contributing to the agreed upon sales strategies and the execution of stocking strategy in all locations for new product launches
Partner with Sales, Marketing, Global Supply Chain, Global BU, and Finance to achieve targeted sales and sustainable, profitable growth
Collaborate with Process Expert to develop, test, and implement new supply chain and materials management procedures while working to reduce resources expended to procure and distribute product
Maintain all reports in order to provide transparency within Sales and Marketing regarding short supply of high revenue items (Critical Items Report)
Manage lifecycle of product portfolio including item creation, master data maintenance, sales forecasts, promotion planning, and phase out
Develop accurate sales forecasts and ensure that Business Unit level forecasts are aligned with the Annual Sales Plan and manage history values within APO (MRP module) to find and correct outliers
Ensure timely ordering of product, while ensuring that MRP planned releases support financial goals
Determine and maintain a stock plan for the NDC and DC’s, including new products
Utilize established reporting to review data exceptions; ensure timely execution of monthly review and maintenance of all safety stock
Operate within inventory budget through good inventory control practices such as Monthly review of DC min/max levels, rebalancing of overstocked locations, and leading discussions with HNA Marketing to identify and address high value overstocks
Successfully execute the purchasing and distribution plan for approved New Product Introductions (INP’s) and constantly monitor and adjust according to actual sales rates
Manage product phase outs in conjunction with INP’s and/or product pruning
Identify goods for supplier returns and/or scrap obsolete products as required; drive marketing efforts to reduce obsolescence including management of the Overstock Program (OP)
Manually track the shelf life of dated products to ensure proper product rotation and minimize
Partner with the Business Unit or Quality Management blocking and recalling stock for inspection and/or rework as directed
Maintain all items within SAP and ensure system optimization to support local demand
Other tasks and duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Three to five years of Supply Chain Management with a Bachelor’s Degree or two years of experience with a Master’s Degree required
- CPIM APICS certification a plus
- Experience in demand and forecast planning in a rapidly expanding sales environment mandatory
- Understanding of Marketing Principals to facilitate successful implementation of Hilti’s Product Management and Marketing objectives in a sales and operations planning environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high performing team environment; detail oriented, solid follow-up, strong analytical, and organizational skills required
- Proficient with ERP systems including DRP/MRP and Inventory modules
- Strong knowledge of PC and software applications including MS Office required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must have a high level of motivation and customer focus and a continuous improvement mentality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven track record in Lean or Six Sigma environment or projects
- Proven project management skills required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.