Credit Team Lead
What's the role?
The Team Lead, Credit is responsible for reducing bad debt loss through efficient and effective collection of accounts receivable balance on assigned accounts. This position also acts as a team leader for the collections group by leading, coaching, training, and assessing collections team members.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As the Credit Team Lead, you will achieve targets by collecting on assigned accounts; understand and monitor engaged and targeted customers of assigned accounts; support collection team with incoming calls during high call volume times. You will provide timely and effective resolution of customer complaints / inquiries regarding billing and shipping errors; responsible for handling key and strategic accounts to ensure minimal impact to the DSO and bad debt on these high-volume accounts; responsible for review of key and strategic accounts to ensure maximum credit exposure is within guidelines. You will also be responsible for the maintenance, revision, and update of all relevant process and policy documentation to ensure HNA Credit and Collections is compliant with Global standards. You will ensure that Credit and Collection policies are implemented and enforced; provide direction to sales team members within assigned accounts regarding policies; make recommendations of flexibility to Credit Business Partners in cases where a policy override may be the appropriate course of action.
As the Credit Team Lead, you will provide support to Credit Business Partners on credit concurrence approval; weigh credit risks versus business opportunities in cooperation with Credit Business Partner. You will identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change and maintain awareness of industry changes within assigned accounts and MO (e.g. local economy, large projects, etc.). Additional duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant,more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 years of Credit and Risk Management or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 years of SAP experience required
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience or equivalent experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word required
- Hilti systems knowledge and experience required
- Credit extension experience required; lien/bond experience required
- Customer service oriented; good attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to handle large work volume and multiple priorities
- Ability to monitor exposure and develop corrective action plans when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot system issues, identify potential causes, and provide solutions and recommendations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to clearly articulate information, training material, and system enhancements; ability to communicate tactfully
- Leadership skills; team player who can work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Dedication to complete the tasks at hand
- Bilingual (French/Spanish) preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”