Credit & Collections Manager
What's the role?
We’re looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for finance.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The Credit Business Manager (CBM) contributes to achieving Corporate Project Management Office (PMO) targets/goals by assuring timely approval and collection of customer credit accounts in a manner that will maximize collections and limit losses. This position develops, maintains and support local credit department and accounts receivable process and reporting. The CBM establishes policies and procedures that will maximize sales, improve cash flow, minimize losses and effectively manage the accounts receivables for projects handled by the PMO. Maintain relationship with the PMO team to meet special credit needs for high potential project related customers; that will result in increased sales and foster long-term partnerships. This position will oversee assessment of the new project related account processes to ensure accuracy and timely payment. Partner closely with Project Management office and Credit Business Partners to create and apply processes to project-based business. Develop and maintain departmental training documentation; including Global Process Management System (GPMS). Ensures that all activities meet and integrate within the Hilti Business Model.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant,more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years system development or equivalent experience, required
- 2+ years of Commercial Credit experience; including Lien and Bond laws, preferred
- Experience and proficiency required in SAP 6.0 of higher with experience in various SAO modules; such as FiCO and SD to aide in the cross-functional testing and implementation of system enhancements
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot system issues, identify potential causes and provide solutions and recommendations
- Logical and analytical approach to identify and solve problems with the ability to understand complex business and system concepts
- Experience in managing accounts receivable or cash management
- Ability to handle large work volume, multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint to develop and maintain departmental reporting, training materials and system enhancements as implemented to ensure continuous development and productivity of the Hilti Credit Risk Management Department
- Financial reporting and strong analytical skills
- Bilingual (French/Spanish) preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”