Credit and Collections Specialist II
What's the role?
We’re looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for finance.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The Credit & Collections Specialist is responsible for managing a high volume of incoming calls by partnering with Account Managers and Regional Managers to provide information on customers’ accounts. This position provides timely and efficient collection of the company’s account receivables and approves orders on new accounts as well as additional billings on existing accounts resulting in maximum sales, sound receivables, and minimal losses.
This role provides good customer service through dispute resolution and provides support to the credit team by assisting with DNBI updates, Job and Trade Information email monitoring, and order approval. 70% of time spent on collections activities and 30% of time spent on credit extension
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant,more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Minimum 1 year of college level business courses or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year of SAP experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Ability to handle large volume of calls and multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions
- Customer Service oriented/good attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively lead others
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skill
- Bilingual (French/Spanish) preferred
- Must be able to work 10 AM to 7 PM Central Time M-F
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.