Corporate Media Manager
What's the role?
The role of Corporate Media Manager is responsible for recommending, developing, and managing the creation of digital media elements to drive employee engagement. This position will promote the understanding and proper use of digital media elements and serve as a liaison to other groups in the organization related to their use. This role facilitates ongoing review and revision of internal media strategy with special emphasis on creating opportunities for two-way communication.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As the Corporate Media Manager, you will manage implementation and ongoing development of Global Intranet Project in North America, which includes setting specific tasks and milestones, management of project team participants, and influencing management of key participating departments. You will support ongoing assessment, maintenance, and evolution of internal communication channels to respond to the changing needs of the organization and new technologies. You will also execute State-of-the-Company Meeting Series with content support from Corporate Communications Manager, as needed.
The Corporate Media Manager will participate in recommending, assessing, and developing new technologies for more efficient and effective communications. You will recommend, coordinate, assess, and prioritize new technology development requests for Hilti North America (HNA); work with the Hilti Group and our local MIS team to develop applications that make our communications more effective. You will provide oversight of online publishing processes and content in accordance with global standards coordinate and deliver ongoing training to content publishers and build and manage a network of external vendors and experts to enable launch and maintenance of platforms.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications-related field, required
- Minimum five (5) years’ professional communications experience, required
- Demonstrated ability to present and articulate an organization’s vision and to build consensus for new ideas and initiatives
- Strong oral and written communications skills with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable reports and presentations
- Experience in a web-publishing and/or alternate media editorial
- Knowledge of video, telepresence, and other electronic conferencing media, preferred
- Excellent writing, editorial, project management, and client service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of functional groups
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative in designing and launching new programs
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business needs and prioritize accordingly
Normal office conditions
Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”