Concrete Lab Technician
What's the role?
The Test Technician I is responsible for preparing complex concrete mixes, preparing experiments, recording measurements, operating a hydraulic press, taking careful measurements, and various other lab duties as required
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
● Carefully follow our standard operating procedures for ongoing concrete experiments and measurements
● Complete test work following precise measurements at specific times
● Safely operate concrete mixing machines
● Safely operate a hydraulic press to crush concrete specimens
● Complete assignments in a timely and safe manner while maintaining accuracy
● Must be on-time and dependable, including ability to coordinate transport to the lab regardless of weather.
● Must be organized and pay attention to details
● Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
● High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree – engineering or science, preferred
● Experience in lab, mechanical testing, or related construction activities, preferred
● Basic aptitude for laboratory safety
● Basic computer proficiency – ex. Spreadsheets
● Ability to work independently
● Ability to communicate clearly (both oral and written)
● Dedication to follow strict lab procedures
● American Concrete Institute (ACI) certifications desired but not required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.