Code & Standards Senior Manager (Installation) - Plano
What's the role?
The role of Installation Codes & Standards Senior Manager is responsible for implementing and driving BU Installation Systems HNA Code and Approval Strategy to achieve Hilti corporate goals. This position identifies opportunities and threats related to existing or new Code & Approval requirements. The long-term goal for this role is to influence the code and approval landscape; to reflect state of the art requirements for install applications and enable sustainable long-term, product differentiation for Hilti., while supporting customers and market organizations (MOs) by providing engineering judgments regarding various Installation systems performance attributes (static, seismic, fire…).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Codes & Regulations
• Maintain overview of relevant global Codes & Regulations related to the BU’s product and application portfolio, and translate status and anticipated changes into business opportunities
• Understand and translate formal requirements and procedures in Code Development to Stakeholders
• Establish network with relevant code officials / authorities as well as key influencers (technical assessment bodies, approval bodies, specifiers, design firms, test institutes, universities, opinion leaders, competitors, insurance companies, trade associations etc.)
• Initiate / participate / manage relevant research projects to further develop the state of the art as base for future Code changes
• Participate in relevant Code Committees to anticipate, monitor, initiate and execute relevant Code changes
• Understand framework of other global Regulations in Hilti organization to identify synergies and interaction with local Codes
• Provide input for the creation of technical literature and software for market communication
• Work with other Fastening and Protection Business Units to ensure compatibility of Hilti’s application solutions
• Ensure quality of all activities in line with Hilti GPMS
• Support implementation of global Code & Approval Strategy and Roadmap for BU Installation Systems
• Lead approval tasks for new or existing BU products & systems within Time to Money (TTM) projects or as Stand Alone Projects based on business needs
• Support TTM projects regarding technical requirements engineering and the suitability assessment of products for key target applications
• Manage existing local approval portfolio and identify opportunities to improve or expand the scope and content of these approvals
• Ensure technical data is approval compliant for BU products and systems based on global data and local needs and practices
• Support local internal and external Technology / Research Projects to develop the state of the art in design and practice for BU products and systems
• Maintain own know-how in area of BU relevant Codes and Approvals
• Support customers & MOs related to product / system / application specific questions
• Evaluate proposals from the market organizations in conjunction with the business unit for potential return on investment and capability for long term differentiation
• Work closely with the Hilti internal test fields and outside testing agencies on approval and research related projects
• Assist in the negotiation of contracts with external testing agencies and approval bodies
• Stakeholder management: efficient and transparent communication with all internal and external stakeholders. This includes Installation business unit, other business units, the global codes & standards community of Hilti, the local HNA HUB marketing, the HNA marketing organizations, and the HNA install back office and the USCDS
• Beyond external key players in the code and approval arena maintain close co-operation with other functional teams in the HNA and BU Installation System organization i.e., Marketing, Development, Quality, Supply, Project Management
• Follow rules for efficient collaboration and knowledge management (incl. proper documentation and maintenance of data bases, etc.)
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree in civil / structural / mechanical engineering or equivalent, required
• Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in building construction or any other related engineering industry, required
• Experience in working with building construction codes / standards,
• Building construction code / standard / guideline development and superior technical writing skills,
• Experience in scientific work, experimentation, or research, preferred
• Experience in working / relationship building / networking with key influencing bodies in construction industry
• Proficiency in English, required; bilingual preferred
• Proficient PC knowledge in all standard Microsoft Windows applications, required
• Working knowledge of the Hilti installation product line or related modular cold formed systems
• Analytical skills, strategic thinking and organizational awareness / resourceful use of influence
• Ability to work to time lines and deliver superior results also under pressure
• Ability to work with large amounts of data, while reducing complexity
Up to 50% domestic & international travel, required
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
“Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.”