CAD Manager - Plano
What's the role?
The role of CAD Manager, is responsible for providing strategic leadership and overall direction to the Hilti Installation CAD team. This position works closely with the Engineer V Manager, Installation Systems Engineering, Installation System Engineers, and supervises CAD team members to assess internal and external customer requirements and implement process improvement opportunities to further development a more stream lined approach to service-centered solutions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Oversee and steer the activities of CAD operators to provide accurate and timely information and services to Hilti external and internal customers
• Prioritize, monitor, and improve the Installation Systems Engineering drafting activities and
processes required to align with and support North America and International Installation Business Unit strategy and initiatives
• Hire, train, and mentor CAD personnel to ensure a high level of competency to meet the needs of Hilti customers
• Conduct regular progress and performance reviews to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of CAD team members
• Define and manage the development of PMP and SMD goals for each member of the Installation CAD team
• Coordinate development and implementation of training curricula related to the Installation
industry and Computer Aided Drafting to further the development of team members to improve product quality, competency and turn-around for both Hilti internal and external customers
• Develop and implement QA/QC practices
• Lead efforts in support of specific Installation projects in conjunction with the Engineer V
Manager, Installation Systems Engineering
• Work in conjunction with project managers and technical marketing team to ensure drawings are produced in appropriate formats for distribution to customers
• Work closely with Engineer V Manager, Installation Systems Engineering to development and implement dynamic reporting tools to effectively manage progress towards business & development targets, based on all measured key performance indicators (i.e. Drawings per Hour, Total Drawings Produced, both team and individual)
• Coordinate with senior CAD team members to develop a single comprehensive electronic library of CAD workflow standards documentation to ensure the preservation of knowledge critical to businessoperations
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Associates degree, required or equivalent experience
o Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, preferred
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience, required to include:
o Minimum one (1) year applicable Hilti related work experience, required
o Minimum five (5) years' proficient usage of Revit 2015 / BIM 360, required
o Minimum five (5) years' proficient usage of Autodesk Inventor, required
o Minimum four (4) years’ relevant management experience, preferred
o AutoCAD 2015 or later experience, preferred
• High level of technical knowledge and analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Able to work effectively in and lead teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong task management and leadership skills; capable of implementing organizational change
• Understanding of overall firestop products and applications, preferred
• Leadership experience, preferred
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.