Business Developer - Power & Utility - East Coast
What's the role?
As an Business Developer you will be focusing on a portfolio of Utility companies important for HILTI's business. You will create a strategy and lead its execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and also help driving technical specifications. You will also coordinate a team associated with these Account(s).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Territory: East Coast
Contributes and accountable for specification and sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy by working on tailored commercial and technical solutions.
In charge of developing senior relationship contacts within the customer’s organization to drive the execution of the account’s strategy. (Department heads, corporate)
Drives specifications by supporting the HILTI technical teams working with the assigned accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase dep., lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement).
Focus primarily on customer projects outside of the hosting country.
Examines economic and market trends and conditions that effect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances.
Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company.
Works with several offices/branches located in multiple regions
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Utility experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent degree in mechanical or civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business development or sales for specified engineering products or sales of solutions, Marketing Management experience is a plus.
- In addition, an experience with or within EPC, Engineering Consultant, Contractors and work on Energy Projects is required.
- Demonstrated business administration experience forecasting, budget, planning etc.
- Demonstrated work experience in international English-speaking environment
- Proficient in English
- Presentation skills
- Business sales negotiation skills
- Acts independently
- Able to form and coach a team, and be an integral part of a team
- Work experience in multicultural environment
- Strategic thinking
- Achievement and goal oriented
- Open to criticism, able to handle conflicts
- Creative and innovative
- Flexible Working Conditions:
- Frequent visits to offices and jobsites. Some work to be done in construction environment which may include exposure to extended periods of excessive noise, dust, heat, and/or cold and dangers associated with close contact and demonstration of construction equipment and tools. Must follow jobsite safety rules, including wearing protective gear as required (e.g. hardhat, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Up to 75% travel depending on the location of projects and offices. Typically 3 weeks per month on the road.
Employee must have a valid US driver’s license, ability to operate a motor vehicle, and comply with HNA Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
Tempted to apply or find out more?
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”