Business Developer - Pharmaceuticals - Northeastern US
What's the role?
The Pharm BD will be focusing on a portfolio of Global Stakeholders in the Pharmaceutical Industry (Global Engineering & Construction Accounts – EPCs, Pharmaceutical Firms) important for the HILTI business. Creates a capture plan and lead its execution to increase sales based on commercial relationship across the various plants and project locations of the targeted accounts. Helps drive technical specifications to favor the adoption of Hilti value added solutions during the design and construction process.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Act as the primary contact and owner within HILTI for assigned key accounts (includes large Pharmaceutical domestic and international accounts)
Negotiate, coordinate, and implement pricing agreements aimed at increasing share of wallet and improving overall account profitability
Support preparation of complex requests for quotations
Responsible for coordinating the necessary Hilti resources (Sales Account Managers, Project Managers,
Engineering and other support departments), both domestically and globally, required to support the key projects, plants and regional offices of the assigned customers
Develop account penetration strategies and capture plans based on analyzing and prioritizing opportunities, determining the required resources, and understanding the decision making and internal influencing dynamics
Assess market trends and processes affecting the company, and develop mitigation actions to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
Develop senior relationship contacts (Department heads, Corporate Directors) within the customer’s organization to drive the execution of the targeted account’s strategy by engaging the key influencers and decision makers
Responsible for securing specifications for targeted projects and /or company standards by working with various stakeholders within the account’s organization (i.e. designers, engineers, project team members, purchase dep., lead engineers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Electrical, Equipment & Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement), ensuring that Hilti’s innovation is the desired solution for key applications Develop and maintain appropriate contacts to understand and secure the fulfillment of customer requirements
Utilize SAP Mobile, CRM/CPM, and call reports to plan and manage activities relevant to customer development
Responsible for developing a high level of industry and application expertise that benefit targeted customer’s projects and stakeholders as well as Account Managers covering locally these accounts
Perform other duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field required
- A minimum of seven (7) years of combined experience in working with engineering firms, field engineering, business development with large accounts, sales management, sales of technical products and systems or value-based solutions
- Knowledge of end-user operations and business challenges, and familiarity with the design and construction of an API/Biopharmaceutical Plant in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Experience working for/with an EPC firm to influence design and sell complex solutions is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful achievements related to project account development and implementation including specifications and standard creation
- Proven track record of success in building consultative relationships to secure new business and should have established relationships within several key stakeholders influencing the design of the Pharmaceutical plant or of a production process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem-solving
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Basic understanding or experience in forecasting, budget, planning etc.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of organizational awareness and ability to navigate organizational matrix to leverage resources
- High level of motivation and customer focus, continuous improvement mentality required in a fastpaced results oriented environment
- Ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to handle conflicts, influence a broad range of stakeholders and lead/inspire others
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”