Business Developer - Automotive - Raleigh, NC
What's the role?
The Automotive BD will be focus on a portfolio of Global and National Stakeholders in the Automotive Industry (Automakers, System Integrators, Largest Tier 1 and OEM Automotive Accounts) important for the HILTI business. Creates a business capture plan and lead its execution to increase sales based on commercial relationship across the various plants and project locations of the targeted accounts. Helps drive technical specifications to favor the adoption of Hilti value added solutions during the design and construction process.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Territory: Raleigh, Charleston, Birmingham, Atlanta, and Nashville
Act as the primary contact and decision maker within HILTI for assigned key accounts (includes large domestic and international accounts)
Negotiate, coordinate, and implement pricing agreements aimed at increasing share of wallet and improving overall account profitability
Support preparation of complex requests for quotations
Responsible for coordinating the necessary Hilti resources (Sales Account Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and other support departments), both domestically and globally, required to support the key projects, plants and regional offices of the assigned customers
Develop account penetration strategies and capture plans based on analyzing and prioritizing opportunities, determining the required resources, and understanding the decision making and internal influencing dynamics
Assess market trends and processes affecting the company, and develop mitigation actions to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
Develop senior relationship contacts (Department heads, Corporate Directors) within the customer’s organization to drive the execution of the targeted account’s strategy by engaging the key influencers and decision makers
Responsible for securing specifications for targeted projects and /or company standards by working with various stakeholders within the account’s organization (i.e. designers, engineers, project team members, purchase dep., lead engineers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines such as Civil, Structural, Electrical, Equipment & Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement), ensuring that Hilti’s innovation is the desired solution for key applications
Develop and maintain appropriate contacts to understand and secure the fulfillment of customer requirements
Utilize SAP Mobile, CRM/CPM, and call reports to plan and manage activities relevant to customer development
Develop a high level of industry and application expertise that benefit targeted customer’s projects and stakeholders as well as Account Managers covering locally these accounts
Perform other duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field required
- A minimum of ten (10) years of combined experience in working with engineering firms, field engineering, business development with large accounts, sales management, sales of technical products and systems or value-based solutions
- Requires knowledge of end-user operations and business challenges, and familiarity with automation technologies/systems in the Automotive Industry
- Proven track record of successful achievements related to project account development and implementation including specifications and standard creation
- Proven track record of success in building consultative relationships to secure new business and should have established relationships within several of the larger tier 1 and OEM automotive accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem-solving
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Demonstrated business administration experience forecasting, budget, planning etc.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of organizational awareness and ability to navigate organizational matrix to leverage resources.
- High level of motivation and customer focus, continuous improvement mentality required in a fast-paced results oriented environment
- Ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to handle conflicts, influence a broad range of stakeholders and lead/inspire others
- Working Conditions:
- Frequent visits to offices and jobsites. Some work to be done in construction environment which may include exposure to extended periods of excessive noise, dust, heat, and/or cold and dangers associated with close contact and demonstration of construction equipment and tools. Must follow jobsite safety rules, including wearing protective gear as required (e.g. hardhat, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Up to 75% travel depending on the location of projects and offices.
Employee must have a valid US driver’s license, ability to operate a motor vehicle, and comply with HNA Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
Tempted to apply or find out more?
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”