What's the role?
The BIM (Building Information Modeling) Modeler II is the essential contributor to the newly formed Hilti BIM service offer. This position works directly with both the field teams and the customer to establish the BIM service offer, project timeline, and ensures the BIM Service deliverables match the contract details. The BIM Modeler II reviews all Revit models to confirm model quality and relevant data is accessible and accurate to ensure a successful BIM service.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Create central and local models; set-up project folder structure and naming convention for the project
• Work in the model to clean-up the models for effective usability
• Link all relevant Revit models and ensure relevant project models are being utilized
• Execute the Hilti plug-in and ensure penetrations and anchor points are identified
• Work with technical expert to ensure penetrations are assigned to the correct Hilti product and approval
• Export needed views into correct file types (Revit, BIM 360 Glue, Navisworks) using naming convention
• Establish document storage, access, and sharing; share files to the customer and field team
• Lead communication to the field team
• Collaborate with Modeler I to ensure quality of deliverables; train and support new BIM team members
• Complete project revisions as field and model changes occur
• Document change order requests and communicate opportunities to BIM Manager
• Utilize Request for Information (RFI) process to gain information from the customer and/or project
• Complete Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/ QC) to ensure compliance and adherence standard BIM practices and Hilti standards
• Execute the work as detailed by the service schedule and project delivery
• Document time allocation and submit per billing cycle
• Establish, define, and train Hilti modeling standards
• Develop efficient processes to improve lead time for delivering models and shop drawings
• Communicate software improvement opportunities to Software Product Manager
• Communicate BIM element improvement opportunities to Global BIM Manager and Global PMO team
• Serve as expert user to test and validate Hilti BIM software improvements and new releases
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Associate’s degree in Design Drafting Technology or equivalent, required
• Three (3) years of industry experience with Revit, required
• Navisworks, BIM 360 Glue experience, required
• Strong organization skills, required, to work within and maintain file hierarchies
• Willingness to take self-responsibility and work well in a team
• Ability to maintain working knowledge of industry standards and trends and remain current on new releases of authoring BIM software (ie. Revit and new software solutions)
• Demonstrated understanding of the customer workflow
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated documentation skills and understanding of the RFI process
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.