Bid & Proposal Manager - Plano, TX
What's the role?
The Bid & Proposal Manager is responsible for leading complex project bids, defining project scope, defining timeline, as well as strategic evaluation of bid requests for the Project Management Office. This position fully supports both the field and corporate functions of the complex project management life-cycle. This role follows standardized procedures, methods, and processes for estimating. This is a key role supporting a Hilti global, strategic growth initiative.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Responsible for complete life-cycle management of bid Inquiry-To-Order (ITO) process for Hilti Project Management Office (PMO)
Responsible for defining and communicating with internal and external customers the project scope of work, change order management, and construction delivery timeline
Create layout drawings, material take-offs, and cost estimates that include applications for large Energy projects and commercial construction MEP system application (Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical,Fire Protection, and Plumbing)
Interface with both internal and 3rd party engineering, CAD team, and fulfillment team for preparation and execution of bid packages
For accepted bid packages, is responsible for acting as single-point-of-contact ITO coordinator for all functional support teams (i.e., Legal, Finance, Specials, USCDS, Logistics, Credit, etc.) that respond to bid packages
Maintain project documentation (internal and external) for immediate access by field and functional team members, throughout ITO bid process
Assess and explain profitability to management and its impact on overall project selling contribution; track key estimating metrics and implement improvement processes
Issue final, professional Hilti-branded bid package for customer bids within specified timeframe
Provide weekly and monthly status updates of project bid package process to key team members
Responsible for follow-up response, change orders, and risk analysis, post-bid submittal
Coordinate ITO-OTD (Order-To-Delivery) hand-off meetings and efforts to fulfillment team when orders have been won
Responsible to lead regular Review & Improve process, for continued improvement of PMO processes; track and report upon customer feedback via external surveys
Responsible to coach and mentor new Bid & Proposal team members to achieve best practices
Additional duties upon request
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Construction Engineering, or equivalentdiscipline required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Construction Project Management or related technical field with minimum 2 to 3 years of experience as a Bid, Estimating, or Procurement specialist
• Knowledge of construction methods and practices, including construction project management, bid processes, change order management, estimating, scheduling, etc.
• Understanding of entire project team (architect, engineers, owners, PM's, superintendents,
inspectors, safety personnel, purchasing, etc.), project process, and how they fit together
• Proven leadership skills that can be utilized for field teams and internal functions, as well as customer interaction (via phone, email and occasionally face-to-face) required
• Knowledge of building codes and site safety standards preferred (IBC, ASCE, AISC, and NFPA)
• Strong organizational and project management skills: Must be able to organize and manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and track successes or lost opportunities and bring this knowledge to the future projects
• Good communication skills both oral and written
• Good computer skills: MS office suite of products, spreadsheet functions (Excel formulas),
estimating software experience preferred (Bid2Win/B2W, HCSS, OnCenter, or similar)
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.