What's the role?
The role of Quality Assurance (QA) Software Engineer in Test (SEIT) is tasked to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality; manual testing of software products will also be included. QA SEIT responsibilities include designing and implementing test automation, debugging software code and systems, and defining corrective actions for given requirements. This position will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Primary responsibility is to design and develop test scripting in automated test frameworks, test analysis, execution and reporting, allowing for continuous improvement in test efficiency, test cycle times, and completeness of testing coverage.
Team Expert for automation testing for web client applications
Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Assist QA Manager in estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
Perform thorough manual regression testing when bugs are resolved
Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
Monitor debugging process results
Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
Work as part of the team, with minimal direction
Influence others at all levels of the organization by using interpersonal skills
Mentor junior level testers while working on self-development and growth
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in test automation development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Knowledge of Java, C# and Visual Studio a must
- Knowledge of Selenium a must
- Knowledge of Cucumber and other BDD approaches a plus
- Knowledge of Bamboo a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Hybris experience preferred
- Experience with Atlassian development tools, i.e. Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo.
- ISTQB Certified Tester preferred
- Expert Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically distributed development teams
- Normal office working conditions
- Up to 15% domestic & international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.