What's the role?
The Audit Manager is responsible for actively monitoring, analyzing, and assessing business risks, providing input to management on process optimization, and controlling improvements in all areas of Hilti’s business.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Plan, schedule, and coordinate audit activities, working with Corporate Audit personnel and the CFO for North America
Coordinate necessary documents, availability of key personnel, reporting, and follow-up activities for external audit
Recommend the annual audit plan
Supervise and participate actively in the conduct of internal audit activities
Prepare or review reports to management on the results of audits, including recommendations for improvements in accounting and financial reporting procedures, internal controls, and related financial and operating systems
Actively evaluate business risks and recommend improved standards, procedures, tools, and techniques to guide internal audit and risk control functions
Identify and recommend measures and criteria for use in evaluating the effectiveness of internal audit functions
Work with insurance brokers to ensure coverage is maintained where necessary and coordinate the obtainment and monitoring of Certificates of Insurance, insurance payouts, and other insurance activities
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably Finance or Accounting, required
• Master’s Degree preferred; CPA preferred
• 2-3 years previous work experience in internal or external audit, finance control or analysis, or accounting (preferably with experience abroad)
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, Microsoft Access, and IT literacy preferred
• Strong sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work constructively with and influence various levels of management to accomplish audit objectives
• Must be both detail-oriented to accurately analyze data and able to assess overall situation to identify risks and determine if controls in place sufficiently mitigate risks
• Personally and professionally capable of travel to various Hilti locations throughout the US and Canada to act as unbiased and professional corporate audit representative
• Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9000 processes preferred
• Good EDP understanding preferred
• Sense of curiosity and strong desire to learn with a continuous improvement mentality
Normal office conditions.
Up to 25% (domestic/international/both) travel required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”