Account Manager - Tidewater/VA Beach
What's the role?
We’re looking for account managers from all different backgrounds to join our regional sales team. This is no ordinary sales job, as ours is a uniquely high performing and supportive working culture.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The purpose of the role is to create value in the allocated account's portfolio through effective design and implementation of individual account strategies to build long term, sustainable and profitable relationships with the customer. The role involves professional field sales and high level customer consultation in the defined territory within the target industry. The job holder needs to provide efficient solutions and technical support to customers and represent the Hilti brand in the market place.
Scope: Senior/expert role in Account Manager structure.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least one-year prior experience in customer service and/ or sales working directly with customers, preferred (either over phone or face-to-face).
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts.
- Excellent time and territory management skills.
- Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, and smartphones.
- Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times.
- Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”